Thursday, July 28, 2011

How Does Your (Herb) Garden Grow?

Parsley, rosemary, and thyme - with cilantro peeking out from the next container

 I finished off the latest and last of my herb additions to my little herb garden today! I'm so excited with the selection that I have. I have a great selection of annual and perennial herbs, and I'm already reaping the yummy benefits!

In my herb garden, I have:
Sweet basil
Thai basil
Rosemary
Pineapple sage
Lemon balm
Two types of thyme
Curry
Cilantro
Italian parsley
Chives

I pretty much exhuasted my list of herbs that I wanted to grow... the only other herb that I wanted was dill. There's a bunch of other random ones that I could have used, like black peppermint, lovage, and lavender, but I wasn't too interested. I like my selection!

Daniel was busy all evening making my stand for the herbs. It's going to run along our little walkway. All of the herbs are in containers, and the containers will rest on top of the stand. It's the cutest little setup! I can't wait to get a photo when it's all finished.

Over the summer, I hope to share a few recipes with you, using herbs from home. I'm excited to give a new recipe or two a try! Hopefully I can introduce you to new ways to use your herbs from home, farmers' markets, or the supermarket...

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...