Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Scenic Newfoundland : Road Trip Photos, Part 1

Snow day! It's blizzardy outside, and the roads aren't in good condition. When we woke up this morning, it was impossible to see out of any of our windows. This has been quite the winter! I have a long commute to school, so on the days that I feel are hazardous, I stay put. I'm doing my schoolwork from home: the advantages of having modern technology :)

As I sit here this morning, sipping my (super sour!) smoothie and snuggled up under a blanket with the snow swirling around outside, I thought it might be nice to share some photos of our trip to Newfoundland this past August. I hope to share more later on this week as well. There's nothing like reminiscing about warm summer days to make the day seem a little brighter.

Pulling into the port early in the morning

Our first glimpse of Port-aux-Basque, the little village that my grandmother grew up in
Those mountains! That sky!
Even someone's junk pile can make a fun photo
Clothes drying on the line at a little museum - loved the colour of the house!
Dreamy sunsets, low tides and plant life
Beach treasures - shells that we took home, and an inukshuk with a dog
Panoramic beauty
A gorgeous boat trip through mountains
An adorable seaside village with fun shadows and tiny shops. We ate crepes on the dock.
Local plant life and our home for the week
That was fun - I can't wait to share more images with you! We had such a blast on the vacation. We both love road trips and the outdoors, so traveling and discovering our neighbouring provinces is one of our favourite things to do. We've been slowly checking off each of the provincial capitals from our list of places to visit. I wonder what the next one will be?

Happy Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome photography. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I'm glad you enjoyed the photographs. It was a fantastic trip!

      Delete
  2. Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their dreams right NOW.

    Get daily ideas and instructions for generating THOUSAND OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.

    GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...