Saturday, March 22, 2014

Doors of Quebec City : Part 3

I know that I don't usually (if ever!) post on Saturdays, but I couldn't resist waiting until the weekend was over. Today is the final instalment of my series on the doors of Old Quebec City. You can check out Part 1 and Part 2 to see the other photos that I shared earlier in the week. Dan and I spent a week in March of 2013 visiting Quebec City and strolling through the streets. I captured photos of almost 50 doors, which I hope to put together in a photo book.

I love the thought of having the photos that are special or meaningful to me in print. Too often I leave my photos on the camera, computer, or hard-drive - what good are they doing there? We have one shelf on our bookshelf in the living room that is dedicated to photo albums and photo books, large and small, both handmade and purchased, and it's so much fun to take the time to browse through special memories. These door photos are meaningful to me, not just because of the beauty of the architecture, but the memories that the photos evoke. I want to remember the special trip that Dan and I took, and how relaxing it was to simply explore a new city and enjoy each other's company, uninterrupted, for a solid week. The fact that the memories will be supported by cheery looking doors doesn't hurt, either :)

Without further adieu, here's Part 3 of the series:

The only door photo that I took in landscape orientation - I couldn't resist the bicycle in the shot!














Have a lovely weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...