Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Little Lentil : 35 Weeks


Right not on track! Today I'm 36 weeks, but I'm still running a week behind with my pregnancy post updates. Without further adieu, here's what week 35 was all about!

Here's what's new for this week:

Week: Thirty-five

What's going on inside: This little baby is a strong one! Sometimes their movements make me gasp. Their kidneys are fully developed, and their liver is now able to process waste. Back in the days when I first started feeling movement, they had a routine: certain times of the day they were active, and at other points, they stayed still. Over the past month or two, though, they've been active at all points of the day without much of a pattern. According to the experts, now that my belly is significantly larger, the skin is stretching: the amount of light that the baby can now see will help them to start having a sleep cycle once more. 

What's going on outside: I'm feeling quite large, lol. I've been more tired lately - my favourite afternoons usually involve a nap. I've been using an all-natural, local belly butter from Anointment (which smells incredible!) in an effort to keep stretch marks at bay, and I've been pretty faithful with the application. Unfortunately, I've always been prone to stretch marks and scarring (the curse of being pale!) so I have still developed some. At least it's totally worth it! Give me a stretch mark any day if it means a little baby in my arms at the end.

How big is that lentil? The baby is weighing in at about 5.5 pounds now.

Total weight loss/gain: I've been terrible at tracking my weight over the past month or so, but I've been gaining at a proper rate. I don't think I've gained much (maybe a pound or two?) since my last doctor's appointment. I'll find out tomorrow at my obstetrician appointment!

Food cravings: No cravings - although I hadn't had much protein last week. I went out for lunch with my mom and brother, and was drawn to all of the vegetarian options, but I forced myself to have something with a little more substance. Let me tell you, that burger and salad was delicious! :)

Best moment this week: Sometimes Dan will be reading or watching TV and I'll be napping beside him and he can see and feel the baby moving lots, even though I'm asleep! I love the fact that they're having a little bonding time without me involved. It's adorable to picture.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss the IG pic?! You're so cute and I seriously can't wait to meet this little kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a gorgeous pregnant lady. :) Miss seeing you in person but at least there is the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...