Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wear Your Joy Project : Week One

wear your joy project


One week down, four more to go! It's time to recap my "Wear Your Joy Project" for this week. Curious about what I'm talking about?

"Inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts' "wear your joy" photos on Instagram, I decided to challenge myself. For the next month, I'll be incorporating bits of happiness into my wardrobe. It's easy when you're staying at home, running to the grocery store, or working at the same old job, day in and day out, to fall into a routine when dressing that takes the fun out of things. Why not spice up your daily ensemble with a fun colour palette, a playful scarf, or an extra layer or two? Even a necklace that you've been saving for the perfect occasion would be a great addition to your daily garb.

… Each Thursday for the next month, I'll be sharing what I wore that week, along with a few guest appearances from friends who are up for the challenge. I've started a Pinterest board for the Wear Your Joy Project where I'll be pinning inspiration for my spiced-up wardrobe, along with the weekly photos that I'm sharing here on Polka Dot Soup. I would love if you played along! What's the worst that could happen?" 30 Day Challenge 

Things I've gleaned so far from the experience:

  • It's challenging to take selfies!
  • I don't have a single blank wall in my home.
  • Bring back the bangs. Stat. That ol' forehead needs to stay hidden.
  • Outdoor photos are squinty, but the lighting is divine.
  • It's awkward being in front of the camera, but practice makes perfect.
  • I wear a lot of stripes and polka dots.
  • Scarves and necklaces are where it's at for me.
  • Neutrals, pop of colour or pattern. Done.
  • Second day hair sometimes looks better than freshly washed.

If you scrolled through my phone right now, you would find a large number of outtakes. I'd like to say that by the end of the week, there were fewer mishaps, but I think I gained extra photos each day. Photos taken by other people turned out much better than snapping one of myself (surprise, surprise!). It's been a hectic week, one where I'd gravitate towards yoga pants and comfy clothes, but I resisted. The second day, I was stuck in the house, feeling under the weather, so I didn't snap a photo. I did, however, shower and put on a clean pair of pyjamas :)

Updated!


wear your joy project : rachel on polka dot soup






Here's my special guest this week:
"Hi, my name is Rachel and I live in beautiful Cape Breton Island! I work as a ward clerk at a local hospital. This project made me realize that it's the simple additions to an outfit such as a scarf, necklace, bracelet and earrings that can add finishing touches to your outfit!"
Isn't this fun? What are your favourite ways to add joy to your wardrobe? Want to join in on another Thursday? Pop me an e-mail at littleohme@hotmail.com - I'd love to have you. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...