Friday, November 21, 2014

Wear Your Joy Project : Week 4



Wow! We made it! It's been thirty days of wearing my joy, dressing in happiness, and what a ride it's been. (You can read more about the idea behind the challenge here.) Some days I struggled to put that extra bit of effort in, and other days, I was eager to pair some funky combinations of patterns, cool colour combos, or add one more fun accessory. In the end, I found that the days that I took the time to thoughtfully choose an outfit, I felt more at ease about my garments as I went about my day. Taking the extra time is something that most of us struggle with, as busy women and mamas, but we're so worth it. Everyone in our lives benefit when we're feeling confident!

At the beginning of the 30 day challenge, I contacted my inspiration for the project, Kelly Rae Roberts to let her know about what I was doing. Here's what she had to say:
"Since starting the Wear Your Joy Project, and the following series on my blog, I've found that it's a fantastic prompt for people to step into their joy! So glad you're stepping into your joy!"
As part of the project, I have had friends joining me each week here on the blog. From week one, to week two, to week three there have been posts full of smiling faces. Now for the final week, we're going out with a bang: there are three special women that are participating. Ladies, take it away! 



"Hi, I'm Leah! I'm a blogger and a graphic designer. I work at the Horizon Achievement Centre in Sydney, and I live in North Sydney, although I grew up in Baddeck. I loved doing the "Wear Your Joy" project. Thank you, Katie, for the chance to think about what it means to "wear one's joy" -- I found that more so than the clothes I wore each day, I found myself thinking about how a smile is wearing joy on the outside. I also thought about taking my selfies in places that bring me joy: the woods, outdoors, my sunny dining room as I worked one Saturday afternoon. I only took one full-body selfie, but really, my bottom half of outfits doesn't change much on a day to day basis, as I wear a lot of jeans or dress pants. I do love skirts and heels but I also like to sneak walks into my lunch hour, and those articles of clothing don't make that easy to do. I also included my favourite jewelry these days. To sum up: for me, joy (in clothing and in life!) is simplicity, colour, and natural textures. "



This is Ashley, a mama in her mid-twenties.. She's a Canadian that's been transplanted to Boston where she lives with her hubby, toddler, and soon to be born little baby.

"I have a blue problem! It's important to me to add special touches to an outfit, which for me means a fun scarf, belt or earrings! With the cold weather this week, I incorporated my warm knit scarf and my super warn rubber boots that go perfect together!
I had fun thinking of ways to add a little bit of splash to my every day outfits."



"Hey! I'm Heidi and am lucky to call Katie one of my very best friends. I'm a blogger over at Idlehide and feel free to stop by and say hi! I liked this challenge because it made me step out of my usual clothes (work out gear or scrubs) and try to accessorize a bit. I am a very casual dresser so this was a good challenge for me!" 

That wraps up our 30 days of Wear Your Joy! Thanks so much for following along, and I hope it inspires you to dress in happiness daily. Feel up for the challenge? I'd love to hear from you if you took part in the project. "Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces." Psalm 34:5

2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun, Katie!! Thank you for including me in your joyful project! I found a lot of inspiration in reading through the posts all month, and thinking about what I might add to my outfits to make them joyful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you had fun with the project, Leah! Thanks for joining in :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...