Friday, December 5, 2014

Shutterfly : My Own Experience


As I mentioned last week, I've been ordering from Shutterfly recently. Back in June, I had a graduation photo shoot done with my graphic design classmates. One of our instructors, Wendy McElmon, is a professional photographer, and she did our session. With a hot-off-the-press Violet in tow, we strolled the streets, looking for the perfect locations. We got some really neat shots!



I'm bad for leaving my photos on my computer, but since this was a professional shoot, I was determined to take advantage of it. After consulting with a few friends, I chose Shutterfly to design and print my photo book. Their program was easy to use, and had great, simple page layouts. 


If I have any advice to share, it's this: cell phone photos don't print super clearly straight from the phone. If you have access to any photo-editing software, take the time to change the DPI to something a bit more print-quality. Some of the other items I've had printed that were phone photos didn't turn out so hot. I've had great luck with the album, though!


The great thing about Shutterfly is that they always have a deal or promotion going on. Don't ever order full price! If you're patient, the deal that you're looking for is right around the corner. 


I have one of those promos to share with you today! From today through December 8th, you can save 50% off of select photo books, cards, stationary and calendars with the code BESTOFFER . Can't beat that! I'm not sure if your item will arrive by the holidays, but the books make fantastic Christmas presents. I may or may not have ordered one as a gift myself!


Thanks for letting me share my grad book with you today. Let me know if you cash in on any offers! I'm an affiliate of Shutterfly, so I'll get a small percentage if you order anything through my links, but I was not asked nor will I be compensated for this post. I just wanted to share with you. Have a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...